Please Register or Log In
Please Register or Log In
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal-Wow Horde Raiderz Guild On Redemption Server

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Professions section

Go down 
+2
Brutal
Xanderby
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xanderby
Grunt

Professions section Empty
PostSubject: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Since I just maxed Engineering, I was going to post such. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but we should have a section for professions. Each profession could have it's own topic. I.e.~

Engineering
Characters with 450: xanderby, Billybob, stinkface, etc
Requests: ryeno - chopper

Use the topic as a place to put requests and edit the main topic to show who requested what. First come first serve on guild mats, jump to head of the line if you had your own mats. Or something like that. Haven't bought it thru a bunch, just an idea. I gotta clock in... I loves my iPhone. I can post while I kill time!! Only 3 left to promotion, watch out y'all, I'm takin over (jk)
Back to top Go down
Brutal
Grunt
Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:08 am

very good idea. i know a lot of us are still looking to gems, chants, glyps and such just to get raiding in the first place and then of course again when that shiny new purple comes our way. sometimes just asking in guild if anyone is a Blacksmith or what not seems a little tedeice waiting for one person to log in and you try and catch them. as for making anything for the guild im down with no charge at all really. most mats i have a alt that can do what ever and ill gather myself. gold in this economey really means nothing. but there are a few things that mean a good deal atm. for me its frozen orbs. here is a list of what i can do for any guildy atm

Keddon 450 Blacksmith / mining...... i make a lot of enchanting rods....
Tyloc 450 Jc/ 450 inscription / 450 Enchanting. yes 3 new main toon i like to beable to stack all the raid Bonus on my gear as i can.
Moodan is still working on alchemy but i see me taking him to 450 for the need of meta gem exmutes
Back to top Go down
Xanderby
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:01 pm

How did you get 3 main prof? A redemption thing or wow thing or bug?
Back to top Go down
Goran019
Officer
Officer
Goran019

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Very good idea guyz,I think we should have 3 ppl with every profession,like Serenitee,Antique and I are Scribers
it'll be much faster to finish all requests,and we should have some ppl,who'll gather mats for everyone, we can all take 2 hours a day,
to get what we need,and ofcorse,we'll need a list of what we should gather (:
Back to top Go down
Xanderby
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Here, I will make it easy on you Smile

While I like the idea of people posting what they can do, etc... I feel a section dedicated to each profession would be the route to take. All of these names are subject to change, please feel free to adjust, edit, destroy, etc. this idea. The idea here is that you can copy/paste this info into the listed places thus saving you the trouble of typing Smile

Sticky a post: Before Posting, Please read.
In this post would be a brief “Hey, post in the appropriate section for the thing you want. We will do our best to hook you up. If you have a profession maxed and wanna be added to the list, post here(linked to the 'Professioners: Who they are and what they do')”

Professions Section(under World of Warcraft header)
This should only be viewable by logged in guild members, as to avoid needless spam from trolls of our sight. We should always put the full name of the requested recipe as to avoid confusion with someone making the item. When the item is completed, the completing professioner is required to send ingame mail to Ryeno(or other person with the ability to edit the post) OR post under the section to indicate it was completed. This would avoid duplicates of rarely needed items by having the request removed from the list. Coming up with “Packages” would be cool too. For things like Enchanters needing rods, fresh 80's needing a set of gems, etc. Would make request areaa look a lot cleaner.

Below are the stickied posts to remain at the top of the professions section.

Professioners: Who they are and what they do
Where people post to have their name added to the profession sticky that is applicable

Alchemy
Alchemists of Horde Raiders:
Xanderby

Requests:

Blacksmithing
Blacksmiths of Horde Raiders:
Keddon

Requests:

Enchanting
Enchanters of Horde Raiders:
Ryeno
Tyloc
Bofa

Requests:

Engineering
Engineers of Horde Raiders:
Xanderby

Requests:
Ryeno – Mechano-Hog

Braains
Tyloc

Requests:

Jewelcrafting
Jewelcrafters of Horde Raiders:
Tyloc

Requests:
Xanderby – Caster package for tier 7 gear

Leatherworking
Leatherworkers of Horde Raiders:

Requests:

Tailoring
Tailors of Horde Raiders:
Bofa

Requests:
Back to top Go down
Serenitee
General
General
Serenitee

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:30 pm

hmm, this is a great Idea, however, it may be obsolete, as we are going to be having a 'gearup day' once a week,
wherein, the 'official guild professionals' (we hope to have 2 of each, but will probably have more in the future - besides, it never hurts to have stand ins ) will create everything people need (so as to alleviate pre-raid stress)
ps. I don't know if this was just an example, but Ryeno already has a hog Smile
Also, I believe it'd be easier (if we were to go the Forum-request thread route, to have the people make thier own threads... and have people request things EXAMPLE (not sure if this was what you were trying to explain?
Back to top Go down
http://darkkrystyl.deviantart.com/
Serenitee
General
General
Serenitee

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

I think what you are suggesting would put too much strain on the administrative team
Back to top Go down
Xanderby
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Understood. I can help with this part. I dont know if that would open up too much 'power' for someone you just met and understand if its not a viable option. The methods I discussed can be reworked to accommodate the least amount of 'maintenance'.
Back to top Go down
Goran019
Officer
Officer
Goran019

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:32 am

I think Serenitee is right on this,she has heer thred for glyphs,we could follow her example.
Back to top Go down
kclement16
Officer
Officer
kclement16

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 pm

I think this is a great idea, but as Seren said, it will be hard with everybody constantly updating their gear. Maybe we could just have a section with every member and what their profession is. If you want something made, just msg that person in game...

Kjc - 450mining / 450 JC
Klock - 450herbalism / 450 alchemy
Ajc - Low level, but soon to be maxed skinning and engineering
Back to top Go down
Serenitee
General
General
Serenitee

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:28 pm

kclement16 wrote:
I think this is a great idea, but as Seren said, it will be hard with everybody constantly updating their gear. Maybe we could just have a section with every member and what their profession is. If you want something made, just msg that person in game...

OR as I mentioned, each individual Professional, could make their OWN (or joint) 'Request thread'
possibly in the style similar to mine, as opposed to having one mass giant list. smaller, profession-specific threads would be a lot easier to manage, and would be more effective then messaging someone in-game, ... it'd be more simple to have everything one place ie; the forums.

however, this is definitely a good idea, as it would encourage people to join the site (we are trying to dissuade people from giving out free profs to unregistered guildies.)
Back to top Go down
Serenitee
General
General
Serenitee

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Also, Xanderby, thank you for offering, and if yo are willing to do so (IE; run a request thread for others, yourself )
it would certainly be of value to the guild. As obviously some people May be too busy to run their own request thread.
Just make sure you are recruiting professionals who are willing to be put on your list ( Personally, I would prefer to run my own request thread, though you can certainly link my Thread if you want ^_^ Razz ) and people who are willing to do it for free (to an extent - obviously some Mats are harder to come by or costly.)

just try to keep in mind, what you are offering to do is going to take a fair bit of effort and time to keep updated as we have 300+ members.
Back to top Go down
Ryeno
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Ryeno

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:55 pm

The thing is also is that having the mondays as schedualed gear up days, this really shouldn't be too much of a problem most of the harder things we'd need are mats, so I think a request for mats would suffice more than a request for profs.
Back to top Go down
https://horderaiderz.forummotion.com
Brutal
Grunt
Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:29 pm

mats farming is great idea, i personaly need Frozen orbs atleast one every 20 hours. now im very willing to run heroics for these if anyone wants to do a dedicated heroic run everyday for emblems and orbs. i use them for the JC icy prizim give us blue gems to cut and randomy a purple. im useing vote points to get the books of glyph mastery to try and cap that. i noticed today when playing with the guild bank organizing.... it drives me crazy at times sorry if i overstepped. but a lot of thing in there are not needed. too many stacks of worthless cloths i can see if we took all the frost weave and turned it into bolts or even imbued bolts. we could use stacks of ore. cobalt, and titanium are in need by JC to prospect into gems, also the titanium turns into a dust 10 dust = one JC token to buy new gem designs. most of my designs will be geared for casters at first.
Back to top Go down
Xanderby
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:44 pm

I am about to move to Cali so I have a full agenda atm. However, I doubt my job search will pan out right away once I am there so I will have a bunch of free time. I use to manage a few places and this seems like a "How to advance in the company" prject I had run in the past. Giving people the tools for success and letting them take action. I think the list maintenance wont be nearly as difficult as convincing people to do the work, lol. I will work out a draft over the next couple days. I still think a "Professions" section would make things lets cluttered. I will work out the 'policy and procedure' of the stuff and get back to you guys once i have a draft Smile

Awesome X aka Xanderby
(anyone ever see Frisky Dingo?)
Back to top Go down
Xanderby
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Please lemme know any 'things I need to know' in regards to items. Rank have an importance? Number of prof items that you can get using guild mats? How many combines are required to goto mitness to be nice to us? (jk, lol)
Back to top Go down
Brutal
Grunt
Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:22 pm

guess im lucky to not have ran into this mitness but a great combine to fix that is Foot2Ass lol
Back to top Go down
Xanderby
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 am

Me either, I only ever saw him in world/lfg channel begging for a reinvite. Was awesome when I saw Seren reply in the same channel describing why the answer was never again. Talk about perma-burn reputation. So people are tards tho. Off topic tho, mitness will not infect this topic!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professions section   Professions section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Professions section
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: WoW and Guild Q & A :: Q & A-
Jump to: